Recycle For Pennsylvania
Glass recycling is sustainable for our environment and economy
Glass is an infinitely recyclable material with the ability to generate positive benefits for our community in more ways than one. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Owens-Illinois (O-I) Inc—the world’s largest manufacturer of glass containers—as well as local businesses to help keep glass out of the trash.
- You enjoy a cold (glass) beverage!
- Participating bars, restaurants, social clubs, and PLCB-licensed beverage distributors collect glass bottles from patrons.
- Glass is collected by Pro Waste Services and hauled to the CAP Glass Recycling facility in Mt Pleasant, PA where it is crushed into furnace-ready cullet.
- The cullet travels to the O-I manufacturing plants in Jefferson County to be melted and formed into new glass bottles.
- The newly recycled glass bottles are sold to brewers and other beverage producers, ultimately making their way back to your hand. And the process repeats!
Not only does glass recycling help reduce the amount of waste in our landfills and contribute to multiple environmental benefits, but the process also helps support thousands of jobs within the glass recycling and manufacturing industry in Pennsylvania.
Support those who choose to recycle glass. Order a cold (glass) beverage and be sure to bring back your empty bottles to applicable locations to be recycled.Please drink responsibly
Prism Can Help
Interested in commercial glass recycling for your business? We’re happy to help.GET STARTED