Recycle For Pennsylvania
Glass recycling is sustainable for our environment and economy
- You enjoy a cold (glass) beverage!
- Participating bars, restaurants, social clubs, and PLCB-licensed beverage distributors collect glass bottles from patrons.
- Glass is collected by Pro Waste Services and hauled to the CAP Glass Recycling facility in Mt Pleasant, PA where it is crushed into furnace-ready cullet.
- The cullet travels to the O-I manufacturing plants in Jefferson County to be melted and formed into new glass bottles.
- The newly recycled glass bottles are sold to brewers and other beverage producers, ultimately making their way back to your hand. And the process repeats!